Sunday, August 14, 2011

How to make your own nail polish with Pigments

Hey everyone! So I just finished doing my nails and I wanted to show you guys have to make nail polish using pigments. Now if your wondering um what are pigments? It is what eyeshadow is made up of but in a loose powder form. Now Im using one from NYX cosmetics that you can purchase at Ulta but if you also would like MAC sells some great ones too! I personally don't think Im ever gonna buy a MAC one just because pigments are pretty much basic so it doesn't matter what brand. MAC pigments are 20$ and NYX are 3$. With MAC you do get more product but I feel like NYX has great colors and they have a lot in the containers too. Now I did my accent nail with the pigment and the rest of my nails is just a plain nail polish(: Also you want to paint it on a little bit fast before the pigment starts drying. Also when you paint it on it feels just like regular nail polish because you mixed with the clear liquid polish.

WHAT I'M USING:
Milani clear nail polish

NYX Ultra pearl mania in the color Fanta

O.P.I bubble bath.


Step one: Get a clear nail polish and your favorite color of pigment.
Step two: On a plastic container pour some of the pigment. Then pour some of your clear nail polish in it.

Step three: Mix it around.

Step four: Paint it on your nails!


Hope you guys enjoyed this! Here is a little funny pic of me and my serious modeling face! Have a great evening everyone!! <3
Pink peace love Madison


1 comment:

  1. That color turned out really pretty. I remember in HS I used to mix different polish colors together and get some really pretty and unusual results (I used a toothpick to mix mine. LOL!) And I love your modeling pose...you look about 20 though!! :)

    ReplyDelete